Saturday, April 19, 2008

Beautiful Jesus

I love who Jesus is attracted to. It's so different than who you and I are attracted to. He loves so differently...so purely. We tend to be attracted to outward appeareance or personality. It's so different for him. He loves the unloved, the friendless, those in need. His love is so beautiful and it can fill every lonely hurting heart anywhere in the world. He chooses the not so good looking ones, the not so talented, the not so popular. And He brings them near to His big heart and heals them with His embrace. I love who He is. And I really want to be more like that. After all, I'm one of many He has offered this free gift of incredible love. I'm blown away by His love - it stays the same through every season...and I've had many. Sometimes I just ask Him what in the world is He going to do with me - someone who is so fragile, so inconsistant, so unperfect. Then I sense His smile upon my life and I'm wrecked again and in awe of someone who can love someone like me this way. May we allow Him to love us into being lovers!!! There are so many hurting people - so many that just need a word of hope. Life is so short. Whatever you have to do to change me, than do it. Make me a lover whose heart is alive with the reality of Jesus. He sees beauty in everyone - and especially the poor, the broken, homeless, the motherless/fatherless, and those that have nothing. This is who He chooses. Brake us Lord - and give us your incredible heart!!! It's big enough for all of us! There is healing in His embrace.

No comments: