Sunday, January 17, 2010

From Rags to Royalty

It is amazing to me that God has written a book about my life which includes my birth, my death, and everything inbetween. He has recorded the day I rode my bike off a cliff and broke my arm when I was five, the day I wrecked the mail man's truck at a carwash , and every choice I have made whether big or small. There is one thing that will not be in that book...my mistakes, my weaknesses, my sin. I am grateful that He is keeping track of my life and all the while forgetting when I fall short. Because of His amazing ability to look upon my life with a happy heart and a smile, I have hope knowing that one day I too will be able to fully receive His love for me with no shame or fear. Though I stumble, I am perfect before Him...blameless with inward beauty which comes from His own reflection. He covers my multitude of sin and loves me faithfully in the middle of testings, doubts, and confusion. All because He stands as a mediator between me and the Father. He takes my sin and makes me pure. Therefore, though we struggle with our sinful nature on the earth, we can know we are truly loved, important, delighted in, and enjoyed by the one who loves best.

I am so thankful that He has chosen to treat me better than I deserve. He has taken me in my rags and made me into a princess! I am poor, yet He makes me rich! I am of low estate, yet He invites me to sit at the table of a King. Like Cinderella, He chose the lowest of the low in whom others wouldn't have chosen and has brought me into His royal family. He is my good samaritan. When no one noticed me, He did. When no one stopped to care for my wounds, He did. When I had no covering, He became my covering. When no one else cared, He did. He stopped and He listened. He bandaged my wounds and spoke words that no one else had spoke into my heart. He saw me differently and I am not ashamed to say that He is the love of my heart...not because I am so dedicated, but because He did for me what no one else could do! What's even more amazing is that He is not ashamed of me. He is not ashamed to say that I am the love of His heart and He is not ashamed to stand with me through every season as a faithful friend and partner. Even if I had the strongest love this world had to offer, it would be nothing compared to the love He has for those that open their hearts to Him. No one...and I mean no one has ever loved me like this!

No comments: