Saturday, July 30, 2011

Living as God's Treasure

Our greatness and success before God are not defined by what we do, but rather who we are. Others will try and define you by outward accomplishes, but there is a greater standard. Its in how God sees you and who u r to Him. The person who grasps this knows fulfillment in just being the One God loves. It doesn't mean God doesnt want us to be successful in other ways, because He does! But the standard we look to is not the standard others place on us. We must know our place in the heart of the Father and recognize when others opinion of our success is different than God's. We may not ever have a huge house and a fancy car, but we are the treasure of His heart and nothing can take that away from us. We may not be the most beautiful or the best at a certain talent or occupation, but we are number one to Him. When we know this, really know this, we dont have to seek it anywhere else. There is great fulfillment in just being His!

This morning when I was laying in bed refusing to get up, the Lord said something very powerful to me. It may not mean much to you, but for me it was huge (and very very sweet of Him). He took me way back to elementary school (way back, indeed) and helped me remember something that I hadn't thought of in years. I remembered perfectly a moment while running out to recess when a boy fell into me. He arose angrily and said "get out of my way, you fat pig." I remember clearly how those words made me feel. Now u have to understand something. I have not thought about this moment in years. Probably since elementary school. I obviously don't need therapy because of it. Yes, that boy should be ashamed of himself for sure, but I'm ok after 20 years! Yet, the Lord was so sweet to not only remind me of it, but to tell me He remembered that day and saw in my little heart how it crushed me. It may not be a big deal to me now, but it is and was to God. He cares about everything, friends! And it's His goal that we would know more and more the treasure we are to Him. He wants to break the lies and labels that have been placed on us by others so we can have happy hearts just knowing we are so so special to God. It feels really good to not have to strive anymore.

No comments: