Friday, January 11, 2008

Fasting is Our Friend

Yes, it's true. Fasting is indeed our friend. It's such an anceint practice and many people don't practice or understand the spiritual discipline of fasting today. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I'm finding that it works. If you are feeling far from the Lord, or that your heart seems to have a hardness or callousness on it that it did not have before, I recommend fasting. This was how I have been feeling the last few weeks, just not feeling the closeness to the Lord I had before. My heart was losing the tenderness and I had lost that simple love I had for the Lord. So I decided to go on a fast and it really does work. I don't know how it works, but it does. He is putting that tenderness and sensitivity to His presence upon my heart again and I love it. Tears are a gift. Not tears of depression, or even because we need something. Just the tenderness and realizing His goodness in our lives that causes us to be so soft that we cry before Him. It had been awhile since I cried. It feels good to have it back. Add a little fasting and prayer to your life. It does wonders.

No comments: