Friday, January 11, 2008

We Satisfy Him

I have a simple, yet powerful fact about you and about God. God made the world and it says He was satisfied by what He saw - it was "good" in God's eyes. He looks at us in our fallen state and, becuase of His redeeming power, can still say with the same love and acceptance "Marci, you satisfy me heart. In my eyes you are good." Now I'm obviously not good in the sense of being perfect. I think when God said good, it's the kind of good that I say when I've bitten into a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. (haha) It satisfies something in me. The fact is that we satisfy God's heart. He is a lover. When you think about a lover, that person is preoccupied by the person they love. God is preoccupied by you. We get His attention and we move His heart. Why? Becuase He is able to see us in the nature that we would have walked in if it were not for the fall. He is able to look past our sin and see us as we will be in eternity. Adam had such intimate communion with God and when He sinned that was shattered. But, because of the price Jesus paid for us, we are able to enter into that intimacy again. It's not about us trying to please Him, it's just about accepting the free gift and realizing that we will never be perfect until we see Him. He looks at us with such sincerity and say that we satisfy His heart - in His eyes we are good. This is who we really are - that is our real identity.

No comments: