Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Weather Man Lied

I hate it when the weather man is wrong. It was supposed to be warm today and so I wore my shorts and sandals. The bad thing is that I had recess duty. I froze!!!

In thinking about weather, I often think of seasons. In thinking of seasons, I think about life. Sometimes we predict the "weather" of our lives and it ends up being very different. We prepare and "clothe" ourselves for what we think will happen in the future. We often (speaking for myself) aren't ready for what life throws at us, especially when we had such high expectations that may not have happened. We end up freezing during recess duty and angry at the weather man for getting it wrong. I am glad that even in the midst of changes, suprises, and disappointments there is one whose love withstands it all. Not only that, but we can know that our trust and character are being defined and strengthened along the way. I find my focus is so easily shaken and I have a hard time being consistant with the Lord during times when my future is so unclear. Only God could put up with all of my many ups and downs!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I noticed you had on jeans today! Sorry about the weather man--good thing I am NOT married to one. ha, ha!