Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He Knew What He Was Getting Into When He Saw Me

God is not shocked by our disfunction, inability to perform perfection, and lack of wisdom in situations. We often forget that we are children, grown-ups who have a long ways to go and who won't ever reach our full potential on this side of time. If you are a little (or a lot) competitive in nature like me, it becomes very difficult to live out of a place of child-likeness. In thinking that I am strong enough to make things happen in and among myself causes a lot of extra problems in my life that could be avoided if I would learn the lesson of leaning and depending in God. God has a way of setting up perfect situations for us to learn. He is dedicated to us becoming who we are meant to become, even if it means bringing brokeness by His kindness in allowing things to happen that will change us.

Just this morning I found myself again face to face with how weak I really am. The Lord is so gracious to shine his light on our hearts, especially when we feel we are making more progress than we really are. The fact that we are keeping tabs in progress is what the lord wants to change in us, or me anyways. If my heart could just learn to rest and quit analyzing my own condition, whether good or bad! There is a beautiful place in God of knowing who you are, yet saying yes to Him without shame. It is about taking a posture of humility and servanthood.

So this morning as I bawled and complained before God at the many ways He needs to change my heart and how He can't use me until I'm "better," He made me bawl even more at His response. I felt Him smile over me and reassure me that He is in this thing with me for the long haul. He is WILLING to help me. He says yes to the process in my life and is patient with me. As Misty Edwards sings about Him, "he knew what he was getting into when he saw me." He isn't shocked by our immaturity. He doesn't forget we are children, learning along the way! So I am ok....even though I do have a long ways to go. Im ok! The desire to please Him weighs a lot more than the mistakes we make along the way.

No comments: