Saturday, October 10, 2009

Search for the One my Heart Loves

I love the different seasons...especially in Oklahoma! When living in Arizona, the seasons weren't all that different. Yes, it was a little colder/hotter, but nothing compared to the changes that occur here. The desert doesn't change much in different seasons! I love the leaves changing colors. I think it reflects the beauty and joy of God's delight in creating each season so differently.

In the Summer, I often long for Fall's arrival. In the Winter, I often am ready for Spring. Summer gets very uncomfortable when it's 100 degrees outside and I have to do recess duty. Winter also has it's downsides (ice, etc.). The truth is, every season is beautiful in it's own way, but often we long for the season that is coming next. That is the season I am in personally - one of waiting and longing. When it's Winter time, I often think of Summer and how nice it would be to throw on my flip flops and go for a walk. In seasons of waiting and searching, remembering can be our strength. I cling to the times that the Lord has showed up, spoken loudly, and confirmed clearly. I trust in the times He has come through and proved faithful with His promises. I lean into Him when I feel weak, when I don't really know the answers, and when I can't see what's coming. In every season, I know He calls us to one thing - rest and peace in Him. I am assured that when my heart is quieted before Him He will carry me to that place of perfect peace in Him. And even if I don't sense it, I still trust knowing that it's just a season, just a part of the big picture, just a moment in time that will soon be written off as a yesterday.

"...I will search for the one my heart loves." Song of Solomon 3:2

I am in a season of restlessness. I want to be closer to Him, to hear His voice, to feel His embrace on my heart. I wonder if the restlessness is from God in the sense that He is drawing me out of a comfortable place and wanting me to search for Him, to look for Him, and to really run after Him. I want to stay in the place of intimacy with Him. I hate being busy! It is time to search for the One my heart loves, to give Him more of my time, and to reset my priorities.

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise...and Christ will shine on You." Eph 5:14

No comments: