Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Remembering Where He Brought Me From

Tonight as I enjoy the last fire in my fire place until next Fall/Winter, I ponder about where the Lord has brought me. I’m thinking about how much He has believed in me and how He saw me so differently than I saw myself. I never want to forget the moment when I realized for the first time what His heart was towards me. We have a tendency to forget. Forgetting the past is a good thing, but remembering where the Lord brought us from causes a thankfulness, humility, and gratitude to remain in us. I want to keep it simple. The story of my life is He loved me! And He wrote his name on my heart and called me by a name that was so different than I had given myself! The posture of my heart changed and so did my entire emotional make-up. A freedom to love and be loved broke through all the walls in my heart and I was able to see life with a completely different perspective. Do we know that the Lord has set His affections on us? We are the love of His heart, the apple of His eye, and His favorite! This is what will get us through the ugly parts of life. Although He never promised we would glide through life without problems, what He did say is that His love would remain through all of it. I just always want to remember and be thankful. I never want to take Him for granted. Ok. The End! Time to be happy!

No comments: