Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tenderness

Having a tender heart does not come natural (for me, anyways). I have to constantly work and keep my heart soft before the Lord. If there is no tending of my heart, the natural state of my heart becomes harder and harder as time goes on. I find it becomes the natural thing to carry someone's burden when my heart is tender. When it is not, it seems I have the "I don't care" attitude that easily just pushes people and situations under the rug. But when my heart has that connection of tenderness with Jesus, it seems that I care about others more and am moved by compassion more. I'm glad to know that Jesus' heart is tender towards us, that He cares, He is moved by compassion, and He carries our burdens. Tenderness is a gift that comes to those who go after it. I guess it's like anything in God -- those who pursue it, who are hungry and thirsty for it, will get it in time.

Off to change that darn belt in my car (not too tender about that, am I?).

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have changed my address since the weird google searches.

quiltinggirlinok.blogspot.com

Happy Valentines Day!!

Anonymous said...

Dont ask me how I stumbled onto your blog page...

I have been looking at blogging lately and just started clicking away.

How do you start on this site? Or subscribe to blogs I found some others I liked as well.

It;s Melissa Lemmon (Emmas Mom) btw, I am trying to figure this site out