Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Gifts and Cracked Car Belts

I'm sitting on my recliner in my living room with my feet up looking at my table which is overflowing with valentine gifts. These consist of candles, candy, a red valentine hat, stuffed animals, chocolate apples, more candy, flowers, pencils, numerous kinds of valentines (homemade, store bought, and everything in between) and did I say candy? Oh the joy of being with 5/6 year olds on Valentines Day! Some of the quotes of the day were, "This is the best day ever," "I'm never going to forget this day," "This is the best party out of all the parties we've had so far, Ms. Isaacs." I'm VERY exausted, which equals out to be a fun filled day for the little ones.

Do I even have to tell you whether or not I had sugar today? The real question is whether or not I ate anything BESIDES sugar today. I'm not even going to answer that question. Ok I will. I'm sure you're dying to know what I ate. I went to subway for lunch and got my turkey sandwich on honey oat bread with cheese, bell peppers, banana peppers, onions, salt and pepper, and vinegar and oil. And of course, my usual baked BBQ chips with water. Oh and one more important detail - it always has to be toasted. It is a must. So I guess I did eat something somewhat healthy. I won't mention the topic of sugar for at least another week until all of this chocolate is gone. Unfortunately it won't take long for that to happen, I'm sure. I really should just drop the subject anyways. I mean, are you really interested in what I eat every day? I highly doubt it. There must be something more blog-worthy I can pull out than food.

Now going to a completely different subject...my car. One thing I hate is spending money on cars. I have to get a belt changed before heading to my parents tomorrow. I guess it is necessary to spend money to fix it at times, but I'd much rather spend it on something else. Like clothes, for instance. I had my chance though. I went shopping yesterday and left very disgusted when nothing would fit. My pride got in the way when I left the store and refused to buy clothes that were the next size up from what I'm used to. As if it was the store's fault or something. Back to my car... It's also frustrating when I'm trying to wait it out a few months until I can get another vehicle. I'm trying to not put a bunch of money into it if I'm going to get rid of it soon. Ug...too many things that are not worth worrying about.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to a quiet and peaceful weekend. :)

No comments: